Its getting better everyday..

Friday, July 30, 2010

Idea by chance

The weekend has already started and I was as usual sitting at my laptop while reading some routine pages. This time mint. Some body pinged me and when we were done with the discussion I was staring at my gtalk window. I realized that out of several punters that I am watching live on gtalk there are many with whom I never chat ( incidently). Many who just say me "ayush i am bzee right now" and still many to whom I dont reply or say "will get back to you" only to sit silently and feel relaxed when I receive their ok. Dont get me wrong..we all do this..ask yourself ??

What if google does it for you ? I mean its so simple. You dont chat with someone. Rather..you have not chatted with someone for years..why doesnt google asks us " are you sure you want to keep this guy/gal shining in your inbox " with his stupid status messages like " I said No to Yahoo..!! they were not paying me good "..wtf ?? such bragging should be absolutely prohibited in the first place. Ok Ok..we have a way. Imagine an application which keeps track of your chat people and based on the rule set by the user goes and deletes it..ofcourse it asks you "are u sure " for formality.

I think it makes lot of sense to do so..I mean why see that guy when you dont want to see. Why to bear the cost. Dont get me wrong again..we have an inherent cost and risk associated with those guys...pain in mind is a risk and a cost both . Ok..one soother..I am not just becoming sadist. Here is a corollary. The application also keeps record of the last time you chatted with the person and if you chat with a person ...say once in 3 days roughly..give you a pop up saying " you havent chatted with Tom since last 4 days "..Good way of maintaining relationship with people you see..you see this pop up and ping that person...relationship intact. What better than technology doing what your wife is supposed to do ?? What if you are deliberately doing this ?? I mean what if you are deliberately increasing the gap from your friend ?? simple it will see the trend..1 day, 3 day, 5 day ..what next ?? yes..remind you after 7 days. Cute naa ?? Got to be..my idea.

In a nutshell the analytics in me thinks of this as another way of understanding your customer...his likes..( with whom his chat ) and his dislikes ( opposite ) and suggest him actions.
All it takes is keeping some tracking of data.

Any suggestions ?? improvements ?? Please comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Experienced Buddha said...

Thats an awesome idea my friend !
I wonder that could be sure shot product for biggies like G/MS/Y.

There are possible improvements (read refinements) to the proposal but the gist would be your plain "idea by chance".

Refinement 1: Add a new tab color to so called 'Obsolete friends' (consider gtalk: green is for available, red for busy etc etc, have some light shaded blue for the 'obsolete friends')

Refinement 2: Always put the 'most chatted friend' at the top of the friends list., i.e. sort the friend list according to the 'time of chat'(this could have a negative effect. There could be someone with whom you have had 'not so friendly' chat in last few days then he/she would be visible on the top :D . Do you want him/her to be there? )

Refinement 3: All these could be on-demand features as usual. Like google asks you "..do you want to use this new feature?.."


More proposals are welcome before he sells this 'idea by chance !

4:48 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Biyani said...

First things first..its nice to read an Indian comment..I really starved for it for sometime. Nice refinements to my idea. Refinement 2 is something I would like to buy. All it would take is some order by logic for the rows of friends( database concept )..we can have some ranking mechanism which is bit more sofisticated than this as well..To introduce an element of joke, we can always have mechanism which warns the other person that ayush is going to delete you so chat with him..what say ??

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Arun said...

You hit upon a good idea! Plus, what if I had the control for the reminders and could set the reminder to 3 days, 21 days and 90 days (as an example). That way I have more control over the reminders. To get such media to really perform for you, there is a need for logical automation with a high degree of control.

12:18 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Biyani said...

Thanks so much Arun..Honour to receive your appreciation..agree with your refinements..

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home