Its getting better everyday..

Sunday, July 11, 2010

FIFA ends..

Yess..One sec. No this is not the post to analyse how the Spaniards ditch and dodge the dutch to take the world cup. Frankly speaking I dont even know who will take the world cup. The line above is just my gut feeling keeping in mind the basic analytics of the spain game so far. I am not doing this. Its still 11:30 India time and we have some more time for the game to start. This post is just my heartfelt for what does it mean for the FIFA to end ? Dig yourself. Is it a just another competition culminating ? Fomme No. I am getting constant goosebumps inside the guts. Something similar to what happened when the T20 cup ended. Another time it happened when I was a kid and ganesha festival was about to end when me and my elder brother went to the near by lake to drown the idol of lord ganesha. We cried after it. Reason ?? We were missing Ganesha ji and we could not believe the 11 day fest is ending. It was like cremating some dear one of yours. Nothing to look forward to now when you come back from school. That time worshiping ganesha was the order of the day. My brother used to take the lead and I followed suit.

I can feel similar. Just that the God is replaced by football Gods. No more follow ups. No more prediction now and no more looking forward to the emotional melodrama that happens when a person gets an unexpected yellow card. No more will I see young dudes in Gurgaon endorsing Brazil, Argentina and Spain with their T shirts. For the shops it means no more keeping a football T shirt and for the kids in my park which I see from the balcony of my second floored flat, no more practising the dribble to emulate Messi , Kaka and Mueller. No more going to the office now and discussing with my colleagues the toe pass which lead spain to hit the gigantic decided goal and confidentially ( no more mails from the foreign clients expressing their sorrows, happyness ). Some times I feel that the emotional content that comes inside you with the event is directly proportional to the emotions exhibited in the venue. For football - in the field.

Truly, football is one game that teases people who get up for a toilet break in the hope that nothings gonna happen in this time only to come back and regret their lack of control for the waste that made 'em waste the goal that just happened. Such is the unpredictibility of the game that anything happens in 30 seconds. You cant ignore the nth corner coz the n-1 th corner didn't produce a goal. No. The law of mathematical induction doesnt apply here. As a general rule emotions are bound to grow higher where you cant predict with a mathematical equation. Where you can predict the equation the emotions tend to adjust themselves so as to produce the lowest decibel equivalent. No surprise then that in Football people start crying as soon as they loose. Confessing : I almost cried when Argentina lost to Germany. People expected Arg to win. When they conceeded the first goal people said ( including me ) thats it. Now no more goals..when the result was out it was 4-0.

It prooves the point..football shall always have the last laugh..

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

grt......

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Ayush Biyani said...

Thanks Maria..Thanks Dhira.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger lively sparks said...

good one ayush would love to read more from u in d up coming common wealth games..

4:41 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Biyani said...

Thanks Mayank !! will keep you updated.

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home