Its getting better everyday..

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just like that...

Its 12 at night. The day has already ended and I need to go to office. Rehna tu...from dilli 6 has been running in my laptop since last 10 minutes and I am endlessly and aimlessly surfing the net..yes internet. What has happened to human life that people are just not ready to leave the laptop, pc or their other technology variants ( palm top, notepad etc..) . If I tell you my basic time table : I come from office and simply go and switch on the cooler while unwearing my shoes and socks. I dont even wait for half an hour and my hands automatically go to my desk and take out my laptop. I switch it on and start surfing the same sites. Wondering if any body has updated something in the facebook or any fuc**** other site. Aimlessly. I dont say that I always do this but most of the time my first 2 sites are either facebook and timesofindia.com .

I wonder if I will be like this for the rest of the life ?? bloody I see the same machine the whole day in my office and here I start seeing the same thing again.. No sports..no swimming learning..and thanks to my worthless roomies, no updates from them either. There was a time in India when PCs ( yes when no laptop was there ) were the forte of either schools or colleges or so called affluent section of the society who looked esteemedly high in their eyes with that start of the art PC. And here you are..my cook has a laptop. Yes seriously..what ?? dont believe me ?? he tells me and many times asks me whether I am part of this networking site and that networking site. He socializes probably more than me..yes..all in internet and yes, he knows google maps and he can locate his village in Uttarakhand in no time . Most importantly he behaves as normally after knowing this as I behave after knowing less known statistical techniques imperative for my job. This at times makes me feel insecure because now I am not the only so called tech savvy self proclaimed workaholic.

Yes..this is good..but I think when we go ahead in life we tend to regress towards past and feel bad that why this has happened. We were this in past and that in past..Teachers of our school and profs of college take a centre stage of our discussion. I know I can be a pain now but going deep I think we tend to think proud that we passed those days successfully and standing at par with the world. 15 years before consulting firms like Mckinsey projected that every home will have PC in India. People laughed at 'em and today every body has laptop..pooh..PC is a passe and after some time laptop 'll be a passe. Dont be surprised if tommorow Micromax collabarates with Dell to make a PC which has a standing time of 15 hrs...sighs !!!! nothing..carry on with your work...I'll carry with my facebook gibbering here and there..

By the way.." Rehna Tu " is still running..how ironic..the lines are "rehna tu..hai jaise tu "...

I am no more the way I was..are you ???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home